USPS Certified Mail Service
USPS Certified Mail Service is a service provided by USPS to its customers. If you are a USPS customer who uses the services of USPS then you should know about this topic. All you have to do is read the full article and share your feedback with us. Here in this article, we will discuss about the topic USPS Certified Mail Receipt.
Please go through the whole article to understand the concept properly. After reading the article, you can also share it with your friends.
USPS Certified Mail Service:
USPS Certified Mail Service is a special service for those USPS customers who want to send important documents using USPS. The best feature of this premium service is that It provides the user with a receipt for a confirmed delivery. USPS Certified Mail service is a surety that your important documents will reach their destination safely. This service means that when the documents you have sent reaches its destination or the USPS attempts to deliver the same.
Different ways through which USPS gives confirmation:
- You can get the confirmation for the delivery by calling the USPS helpline no- 1-800-222-1811
- Visit the USPS website and write your tracking number there. It will give you the latest status.
How to use USPS Certified Mail:
If you are interested in knowing the steps to use this premium service, then look at the information below. Here, I will provide you with a step by step guideline to help you with the process.
Method 1- Visiting the Post Office:
- Visit your nearest post office and ask them for a Certified Mail Form or PS Form 3800.
- Now you need to fill the essential details and hand it over the USPS personnel.
- In this step, you have to paste the Barcode from the form to the sticker and pay the postal charges as applicable.
Method 2- Visiting USPS Website:
- In the first step, you have to login in to your USPS account. If you don’t have one then create it by clicking on Sign up.
- The next step of sending the mail online is to prepare the letter. Now that you are quite sure that which online service you are going to use, now you have to keep the letter ready that you are going to send.
- In the final step, you have to scan and upload the letter.
How much time does USPS certified Mail take to complete the delivery:
It is slow if compared to other services of USPS. USPS says that it generally takes about 3-10 days to complete the delivery of the shipment.
Cost of using USPS Certified Mail Delivery Service:
|USPS Postage & Special Services
||New 2019 Rates
|Certified Mail Fee
|Electronic Delivery Confirmation Receipt
|Return Receipt Green Card (Old Fashioned Green Card)
|Return Receipt Electronic Signature (PDF) (replaces Green Card)
|First Class Postage (1 OZ) (Metered Rate)
|Additional OZ First Class Postage (*Under 3.5 OZ)
|Flats 1 OZ rate (9″ X 12″ or 10′ X 13′)
|Flats rate over 1 OZ. and Letter Rates over 3.5 OZ.
||2 oz. $1.15
3 oz. 1.30
4 oz. 1.45
5 oz. 1.60
6 oz. 1.75
7 oz. 1.90
8 oz. 2.05
9 oz. 2.20
10 oz. 2.35
11 oz. 2.50
12 oz. 2.65
13 oz. 2.80
|Restricted Delivery Service
Hopefully the concept of USPS Certified Mail Receipt is clear to you. If you have any doubts, please reach us by commenting in the comment section. You can also post suggestions for improving the article or regarding new topics.
It will mean a lot to us if you share it with your friends. This will help them in understanding the concept. Keep visiting us on regular basis to learn more about USPS.