- What are PO Box fees and which can I pay online?
- What credit cards are accepted for payment of a PO Box?
- How do I edit a card linked to an automatic renewal?
- What are my options for paying PO Box fees?
- Pay online
- Pay at a Self-Service Kiosk
- Pay by mail
- Pay in person
- Will I be notified when my PO Box service fees is due?
What are PO Box fees and which can I pay online?
When applying online for a new PO Box, you select a three-month, six-month, or 12-month payment period. Your rental fee, plus a refundable key deposit (for the two keys provided) are billed to your credit or debit card. Prices vary according to the size of the box and in which Post Office™ facility your box is located in. For a complete breakdown of our pricing, you can learn more by clicking here. When renewing a PO Box, you may also select a three month, six-month, or 12-month payment period for the upcoming period.
If the Postal Service does not deliver to your home address, you may be eligible for a Free Group E PO Box. If this is the case, you should not apply for a PO Box online, and should visit your local Post Office to complete your application.
What credit cards are accepted for payment of a PO Box?
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, and VISA are accepted online as payment for a PO Box.
Can I use a credit card with an international billing address for PO Box fees?
No. Credit cards with international billing addresses are not currently supported online.
Sign in to your PO Box account by clicking “Manage Account” from the landing page. From your Manage Your Account page, click “See Details” for the box that you’d like to edit automatic payment for. Then click “Edit Payment Info” and “Use a Different Card” to edit your card information.
What are my options for paying PO Box fees?
Your options for making a payment are:
- Go to https://www.usps.com/manage/po-boxes.htm and click “Renew”. This will direct you to a page where you can Sign In if you already have an account, or Register if you do not.
- If you already have an account on USPS.com, enter your Username and Password.
- If you do not have an account on USPS.com, click ‘Sign Up Now’ (it’s free). Once you create your account, you will be redirected back to PO Boxes online.’
- If you have never linked your PO Box to your online account, click “Link.” Enter in your box information exactly as it was on your application to link your box to your online account. You can set up automatic renewal or pay one time for this box if you are 30 days before your next due date.
- If you are already managing your box online, on your Manage Your Account page,
- Click “Renew Now” next to the box you’d like to pay for.
- Review your information,
- Enter your billing information, and then submit.
Pay at a Self-Service Kiosk
- You can find a self-service kiosk at USPS.com® – Find Locations.
Pay by mail
- Send a check or money order payable to “U.S. Postal Service” to the Postmaster where your PO Box is located.
Pay in person
- Visit the Post Office where your PO Box is located using cash, check, credit card, or debit card.
- Caller Service customers can only pay in person or by mail—but not online or at a self-service kiosk. Caller Service receipts will be provided at the caller service pickup window.
- If we have not received your payment by the 10th day after the due date, your PO Box service will be terminated and all incoming mail will be returned to senders. To reopen your box, you would need to pay in person and, in addition to any unpaid box fees, you may be assessed a lock change or handling fee. To avoid this inconvenience and this extra cost, we encourage you to renew on time.
- If you signed up for a 3-month payment period box, you must also sign up for automatic renewal. Your card will be charged every 3 months.
Will I be notified when my PO Box service fees is due?
- Yes. If you have provided us with your email address, you will receive email reminders as well as reminders in your PO Box.