USPS Payment Methods
This is done for your protection. Once you reset your password, simply re-enter your credit card information the next time you log-in.
The following forms of payment are acceptable on USPS.com®:
- American Express™
- Debit cards are accepted if a PIN is not required
- Note: If a debit card has a VISA or MasterCard logo on it then it will be treated like a credit card)
- PayPal™ (limited to Click-N-Ship and The Postal Store)
At this time we are not able to accept:
- United States Postal Service Corporate Accounts (USPSCA’s)
- Virtual MasterCard
- Gift cards
Using Credit Cards on USPS.com®
- How many credit cards can I save on United States Postal Service® website?
You can save up to 3 credit cards in your USPS User Profile.
- Is it safe to store my credit card on the USPS® website?
Yes, USPS.com protects your information using powerful Secure Socket Layer (SSL) 128-bit encryption technology.
- Why is my credit card information deleted if I forget my password?
If a user forgets their password, their credit card information is deleted for their protection. Once their password is reset, the user can re-enter their credit card information.
- I did not think the USPS maintained my credit card information, however, when I begin typing it in on the screen, it appears in a dropdown.
This is an Internet Explorer feature. It is not related to the USPS.com website. However, if you would like to store your credit card on Click-N-Ship for domestic mailings, just press “Save” on the credit card page.
- I am disputing a charge to my credit card for USPS PC Postage® service charges. What should I do?
Please check your account at the Click-N-Ship® page. If you have further questions, use the Customer Service link to send us an email with detailed information. If your charge has not been taken care of, submit your dispute in writing to your credit card company. They in turn will send information to our offices for review.