USPS has recently launched on February 2020 new usps tracking segment for USPS Customer convenience say USPS Premium Tracking. New choice for USPS Tracking administration that expands the time span you can get to the Status history of a residential parcel. This premium tracking is extended to USA only. In this parcel tracking we will get more information about how usps premium tracking works.
What is USPS Premium Tracking?
The Premium Tracking enables you to extend your access to the tracking history for your package on USPS.com. Currently, access to tracking information for non-signature items is limited to 120 days. Tracking information for signature items is available for 2 years. Premium Tracking provides options to extend access to the tracking history for anywhere from an additional 6 months up to 10 years for a small fee. With USPS Premium Tracking, in addition to keeping your tracking records online for up to 10 years, you can also request a Premium Tracking Statement via email at any time during that period.
The Premium Tracking empowers you to stretch out your entrance to the tracking journey for shipments on USPS.com. Present USPS Tracking data showing for non-signature things is restricted to 120 days. Tracking data for signature parcels and posts are accessible for a long time. USPS Premium Tracking gives choices to stretch out access to the following history for anyplace from an extra a half year as long as 10 years for a little charge. With Premium Tracking, notwithstanding keeping your tracking journey of usps package records online for as long as 10 years, you can likewise demand a Premium Tracking Statement through email whenever during that period.
USPS Tracking V/S Premium Tracking
120 Days Vs. 10 years
USPS Tracking For 120 Days Old School now with Premium Tracking For 10 year with many new Feature with USPS Premium Tracking.
|Available Retention Timelines for Premium Tracking History
|Packages without a Signature
||Packages with a Signature
||Premium Tracking Fee Scan Retention
Why require USPS Premium Tracking?
By paying this premium tracking service, you will have access to your USPS online tracking history for up to 10 years. Along with the extended access, your Premium Tracking Statement may be used as:
- USPS evidence of delivery to resolve disputes and claims
- Critical evidence of mailing and or delivery / delivery attempt for legal and court proceedings
- Official authentic source of data that legal and financial sources may accept
Small businesses, law offices, ecommerce marketplace, financial institutions, and pharmaceutical providers can benefit from extended access to tracking data for Proof of Delivery to resolve disputes and claims.
Which Postal Services are eligible for Premium Tracking?
This Premium Tracking is currently offered for competitive products only:
Some USPS Premium Tracking Facts You must Know
- You can purchase Premium Tracking for only one package at a time.
- All orders are final and are not eligible for a refund.
- A statement of tracking, a Premium Tracking Statement (see below), will be provided for each purchase via email. After your purchase, you can request additional reports on the USPS Tracking web page throughout your extension period. Note: If your tracking statement was prepared before the item reached its final destination, the tracking history will continue to refresh and populate status updates as the item travels through the USPS network.
- Premium Tracking service is only available online through the USPS Tracking webpage.
- Premium Tracking is only available for domestic packages.
- When the initial retention period for an item has passed, that item is no longer retrievable on USPS.com and you can no longer purchase USPS Premium Tracking. Please complete your purchase prior to the expiration of your tracking history. After that expiration date, your tracking history is no longer available online and another extension cannot be purchased
How to Avail Premium Tracking service from USPS.Com ?
For availing this features go to USPS.com account is required to complete your purchase. If you do not have an account, you will need to create an account to process your order. See USPS.com® Account for more information.
After you enter an eligible tracking number into the USPS Tracking® website, the “USPS Premium Tracking Available” feature will display on your status page above the status bar.
- Below the status bar, click “Premium Tracking” to expand the section to view your current online tracking history expiration date and your extension options.
- Select the length of time you would like to extend access for your package by clicking on one of the retention options listed.
- Click “Select for Purchase” button. After your purchase, your online tracking availability date will update to reflect your NEW expiration date.
- Note: You can purchase extended history only once and will not have an opportunity to modify your selection at a later date.
- Note: Listed prices are up-to-date as of 1/22/2020 and subject to price change. See Notice 123 for current prices.
- After you select your purchase, you will be directed to the USPS.com online account page to finalize your order. If you do not have an account, you will need to create an account to process your order. See USPS.com® Account for more information.
- Once you login, your name and email information will be prepopulated. Select “Add to Cart” to proceed with your order. Note: If you currently have any items in your cart, you must complete the purchase or they will be automatically removed from the cart.
- Your shopping cart will display your order summary: Tracking number, Price, Extended period
- Upon successful completion of your purchase, your USPS Premium Tracking statement will be sent to the email address provided. After your purchase, you can request additional Premium Tracking Statements on the USPS Tracking web page throughout your extension period.